What is Colyseus?¶
- Room system/Matchmaking – from a single room definition, clients can join or create different game rooms.
- State sync – automatically synchronize the state from the server with connected clients.
- Scalable – built to be horizontally and/or vertically scalable
- Cloud-agnostic – you may self-host it on your own servers for free, or use our commercial Colyseus Cloud service.
Before we start, let's make sure you have the necessary system requirements installed in your local machine.
- Download and install Node.js LTS version
- Download and install Git SCM
- Download and install Visual Studio Code (or other editor of your choice)
Creating your server¶
Use the command below to set up a new Colyseus server project: