The client-side playground allows to easily create connections with rooms and inspect how they communicate with the server.
- Lists all your defined room types
- Allows to
joinByIdis selected, provides a list of active rooms by id
- Visualize the client state in JSON format
- Table of incoming and outgoing messages
- Table of raw events from the framework
- Allow the client to send messages by type (auto-detected)
You can also interactively test how your room behaves during a dropped connection versus when a client leaves the room consensually.
The playground is installed by default on new projects created via
npm create colyseus-app.
To manually install on an existing project, please do:
Then, import and bind it to your express app instance:
This tool is built using React and TailwindCSS, making it easier for community members to contribute.
You are welcome to use the feedback thread to share ideas for features and/or improvements.
Pull-requests are also welcome!