Welcome to Colyseus¶
- Documentation is currently being updated and improved.
- Translation of the documentation is in progress.
Before we start, let's make sure we have the necessary system requirements installed in your local machine.
- Download and install Node.js v12.0 or higher
- Download and install Git SCM
- Download and install Visual Studio Code (or other editor of your choice)
Creating a barebones Colyseus server¶
npm init colyseus-app ./my-colyseus-app
From the official examples¶
Alternatively, you can check some examples in action by cloning the examples project and running it locally.
git clone https://github.com/colyseus/colyseus-examples.git cd colyseus-examples npm install
To run the server locally, run
npm start, then open http://localhost:2567 to explore each example.